If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please complete the following steps:
- Contact customer service:
-- OR --
- We will provide a printable return label with instructions on where your return should be shipped and the amount you will be refunded.
Refunds will include duties and taxes originally paid. Refunds take 7-10 business days from the receipt of the item(s) at the Canadian processing facility. L.L.Bean charges a flat rate of CAD 15.00 for returns shipping. That charge will be deducted from your refund amount.
If you are not 100% satisfied with one of our products, you may return it within one year of purchase for a refund. After one year, we will consider any items for return that are defective due to materials or craftsmanship.
We require proof of purchase to honor a refund. If you provide us your information when you check out, we will typically have a record of your purchase. Otherwise, we require a physical receipt.
Please include your proof of purchase in your package of returned item(s) with the products you wish to return.
To protect all our customers and make sure that we handle every return with reasonable fairness, we cannot accept a return (even within one year of purchase) in certain situations, including:
• Products damaged by misuse, abuse, improper care or negligence, or accidents (including pet damage)
• Products showing excessive wear and tear
• Products lost or damaged due to fire, flood, or natural disaster
• Products with a missing label or label that has been defaced
• Products returned for personal reasons unrelated to product performance or satisfaction
• Products that have been soiled or contaminated, until they have been properly cleaned
• Returns on ammunition, either in our stores or through the mail
• Certain products that are restricted from importation into the United States or require a license.
• On rare occasions, past habitual abuse of our Returns Agreement
Please note: L.L.Bean is an approved CREDITS participant with the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). By ordering goods from L.L.Bean that are shipped to a street address in Canada, I hereby authorize United Parcel Service Canada Ltd., an approved customs broker in CREDITS, to act as my agent, and to transact business with the CBSA to obtain release of my merchandise, account for duties and taxes, return merchandise to L.L.Bean, and electronically submit refund claims on my behalf. Under the CREDITS program, I understand that the CBSA will send any refund of duties and taxes that were paid on the returned merchandise to United Parcel Service Canada Ltd., and that I will obtain the refund directly from L.L.Bean. Further, I also authorize United Parcel Service Canada Ltd. to forward any refund issued by the CBSA in my name, so that L.L.Bean can be reimbursed.
By ordering goods from L.L.Bean that are shipped to a PO Box in Canada, I hereby authorize Rutherford chosen by L.L.Bean to act as my agent, and to transact business with the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) to clear my merchandise, and account for duties and taxes.