Shop by Size Range
Camping & Hiking
Games & Recreation
Car Racks & Cargo Boxes
School Backpacks & Lunch Boxes
Bags & Totes
Luggage & Duffle Bags
Toiletry Bags & Organizers
Fireplace & Hearth
Rugs & Mats
Backyard & Patio
Games & Books
Bags & Travel
New to Sale
Two-A-Day Daily Markdown
Get Outside Guide
Inside L.L.Bean | Current Stories
“This is a holiday recipe from my husband’s family. We make batches each year to give to
neighbors, teachers and friends…and have at the ready when gathering for post-dinner group games.”
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup butter
1/2 tsp. salt
12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips (melted)
Pecans or walnuts (optional)
1. Grease a cookie sheet.
2. In a heavy sauce pot, add in sugar, water, butter and salt. Bring to boil over medium heat.
3. Stir with a wooden spoon for 15-20 minutes.
4. When the color changes from pale yellow to rich caramel color (about 285°F), pour toffee on
the greased cookie sheet - allow it to spread.
5. Let it cool/harden 10 minutes or longer.
6. Once it cools, spread melted chocolate on top. Sprinkle with other toppings such as chopped
7. Let it cool completely or refrigerate to set the chocolate.
8. Break hardened toffee into pieces.